The Prism Sound Dream ADA-8XR-16AD-PTHDX consists of sixteen-channels of A/D via two analog input modules with 16 channels of digital connectivity via two Pro Tools|HDX compatible interface modules.
The ADA-8XR converter provides eight channels of high-quality 24-bit, 192 kHz A/D and D/A conversion, allied with a wealth of sophisticated features for the most exacting applications in sound recording, mastering and broadcast. The Prism Sound ADA-8XR is ideal for location recording, stereo and surround mixing, mastering and monitoring, or as a flexible companion for your DAW or MDM. The ADA-8XR takes the philosophy of the widely-acclaimed Prism Sound converter range a stage further: For the first time, the same goals of ultimate sound quality and versatility have been realized in a multi-channel, 192 kHz-capable format.
- Built-in Prism Sound 'SNS' noise-shapers for ultimate 16-bit & 20-bit reductions
- Built-in Prism Sound 'MR-X' word-mapping for lossless recording up to 24-bit, 96 kHz on standard DA-88 or ADAT MDMs, or other 16 or 20-bit media
- Built-in Prism Sound 'DRE' function gives 24-bit performance on 16-bit media WITHOUT sacrificing tracks
- Stereo monitor, with headphones and analog AND digital line outputs, can monitor any input or output pair, or a panned stereo mix of all eight channels
- Electronically balanced, transformerless, galvanically isolated XLR analog inputs and outputs ensure freedom from noise pick-up and crosstalk, with software-controlled balance and line-up
- Ultimate Prism Sound clock-stability and jitter-rejection for crystal-clear imaging, with independent multiple PLLs for A/D and D/A paths
- Prism Sound 'Over-killer' selectable on analog inputs: the best-sounding gentle limiting for louder masters - with no 'overs'
- Intuitive user interface, provides fast access to all I/O and processing functions; with continuous display of all settings
- Versatile eight-channel LED bargraph/status monitor can access all points in A/D or D/A signal paths
- Expandable DSP 'processing' module in each path
- All signal processing functions can be also be carried out in 'D-D' mode, including conversion between different interface formats
- Modular construction allows upgrading of all input and output cards (INCLUDING A/D, D/A, and DSP boards); no need to worry about future converter advances or new interface standards
- Internet-upgradeable software - loads from your PC or Mac into 'flash' memory inside the ADA-8XR
(2) 8C-AD Analog Line Input (A/D converter) modules
The 8C-AD Analog Line Input Module type PREV039/4/2 provides eight electronically-balanced analog input channels to the ADA 8XR, on eight female XLR connectors. Input line-up level (sensitivity) is variable for each channel over the range 0dBFS=+5.0dBu to 0dBFS=+24.0dBu, in 0.5dBu steps plus a fine trim. Each channel has a Prism Sound Overkiller progressive limiter capability, which prevents the A/D converter from reaching full-scale, even when the input level significantly exceeds the selected input range. More information about the Prism Sound Overkiller can be found in the Technical Background section of the Operation Manual. Control of the input line-up level and trim, and of the Overkillers, is via menus which are present in the ADA-8XR Menu System if the Module is fitted.
(2) 8C-PTHDX Pro Tools|HDX compatible interface modules
The 8C-PTHDX Pro Tools HDX Compatible interface module provides eight channels of digital audio input and output for the ADA-8XR in a form compatible with Avid Pro Tools|HDX workstations. The Pro Tools HD interface Module enables the ADA-8XR to replace Avid HD I/O interfaces, providing superior audio performance and additional features. To the Pro Tools|HDX software, an ADA-8XR fitted with a Pro Tools HDX compatible interface module looks similar to an Avid HD I/O and operates in a similar way, supporting sample rates up to 192 kHz.
Prism Sound B-stock units are special order units. They may have some cosmetic signs of use, but they are fully tested, come with a one year warranty, and ship directly from the manufacturer.
top of page
bottom of page