The B-Series Dynamics Module continues the expansion of the SSL 500 Series Modules and comprises of a compressor/limiter and an expander/gate. It is modelled on the original circuit design of the SSL 4000 B-Series channel strip as Installed in the 80s in ‘The Stone Room’ at Virgin’s Townhouse Studio (London), Le Studio (Montreal) and Record Plant (LA).
Aggressive character compressor with its own unique sonic signature
The B-Series Dynamics Module features a compressor/limiter with three fixed stepped compression ratios 2:1, 4:1, 10:1 and an additional 'ds' mode. The 'ds' setting is a fixed 10:1 with additional sidechain filter. The differing topology makes the B-Series Dynamics module a more characterful and coloured Dynamics processor than the E-Series. Its gate/expander can act as a 20:1 gate or as a 2:1 expander when the EXP button is pressed. The OUT setting can also take the gate/expander out of the circuit independently of the compressor. The B-Series Dynamics Module's circuitry is based on the legendary original circuit design of the SSL 4000-B Series Channel Strip that gave that iconic 80's sound.
- Legendary SSL 4000 B Series Channel Strip circuitry
- Stepped compression ratios 2:1, 4:1, 10:1 and 'ds'
- Automatic make-up gain with THRESHOLD control
- DS setting has fast attack and release time
- OUT setting takes gate/expander out of circuit
- LINK sidechain prevents image shifts with stereo signals
top of page
bottom of page