Made by hand, the 8051 is an analogue compressor with six transformer balanced audio paths, complemented by two side chains and a key input.
Based on six 2254 compression circuits – using the same feedback topology as our legendary 33609 stereo compressor – the 8051 delivers the famous Neve sound in spades. Flexible side chain routing, trimming and filtering make this a powerful and responsive tool for surround mixing and mastering.
- Hand-built, hand-wired analogue compressor for Surround mixing
- Six transformer-balanced audio paths
- Ideal surround broadcast or mastering compressor
- Side Chain control trims and Side Chain A/B bias control
- High and low pass filter
- Electronically balanced key input and LFE filter inputs
- All other inputs transformer-balanced with 3.6kOhms input impedances
- All outputs electronically balanced, post output transformers
- Maximum output: +26dBu into 600 Ohms
- Control Voltage I/O provided for linking multiple units, or linking to 33609
- EIN (20kHz band): <-78dBu
- THD+N (for 20dBu input @ 1kHz): <0.03%
- Maximum Output Level: >26dBu into 600 ohms
- Interchannel Crosstalk: <-80dB at 15kHz
- Frequency Response ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz
AMS Neve 8051 Surround Compressor
- AMS Neve 8051 Surround Compressor
- Made by hand, the 8051 is an analogue compressor with six transformer balanced audio paths, complemented by two side chains and a key input.