With is exceptionally high 146 dB sound pressure level, -10 or -20 dB pad attenuation, and 75 or 115 Hz high-pass filter, the Edge Note microphone system is an ideal choice for instrumentalists, sound engineers, and studio owners searching for a flexible, high-quality affordable recording tool. The mic modeling technology reproduces the sound of classic microphone models either natively inside your DAW or via FPGA processing inside an Antelope audio interface (in real time).
Emulating the Classics
- The Edge Note takes on the character of some of the finest small-diaphragm mics in existence, delivering stunning detail and realism.
- A total of 13 mic emulations reproduce the sound of legendary microphones used in the best recordings from the last century. They can be used in real time with an Antelope interface (via Synergy Core processing).
- If the user doesn't have an Antelope interface, a native plug-in emulation is available for any DAW and the microphone emulations can be easily applied to the dry audio recording. (iLok 2 or 3 required to use emulations as native plugins within your DAW)
The Key to Transparent Recordings
- The flat frequency response of the Edge Note provides an exceptionally clean signal. Capturing the smallest detail of an acoustic guitar or a graceful cello becomes an easy task.
- Capturing audio in the most neutral way without dramatically boosting frequencies across the spectrum ensures that when applied, the mic emulations will sound as close as possible to the original microphone being emulated.
Loudness Is Not An Obstacle
- With an astonishing SPL of 146 dB, the Edge Note is an excellent choice for recording the loudest sources. Get the most out of a drummer’s performance or a blasting trumpet solo without clipping the converter.
- For particularly demanding scenarios, the attenuation pad can reduce the level with -10 or -20 dB. Additionally, the high-pass filter facilitates the handling of the low-end frequencies and negative aspects of the proximity effect.
Included Mic Emulations
- Aalborg 4006
- Berlin 184
- Berlin K53
- Berlin K54
- Berlin K86
- Freiburg 6
- Hamburg 211
- Hamburg 40
- Hamburg 441
- Illinois 57
- Illinois 7B
- Perth 55
- Vienna D112
- 13 microphone emulations of classic microphone models
- Back-electret design provides transparent, balanced sound, and accurate transient responses
- Cardioid polar pattern suitable for a wide variety of recording scenarios
- Frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz covers the audible spectrum
- Signal-to-noise ratio of 69 dB
- Pad attenuation switch (-10 and -20 dB) improves close-miking of loud sources, ensuring a clean signal without distortion.
- Maximum sound pressure level of 146 dB
- High-pass filter switch (75 and 115 Hz) eliminates low-frequency rumble and compensates for proximity effect
- Metal housing and black-matte finish provides style and endurance
- Includes shockmount holder to eliminate unwanted vibrations and provide easy positioning
- 48 VDC Phantom Power required
iLok 2 or 3 required to use emulations as native plugins within your DAW.
top of page