The Fredenstein F676 Microphone Preamplifier is a valve (tube) based preamp with a fully balanced signal path throughout. It features transformers on the input and output. The F676 uses a DSP to control the operating points of the tubes, guaranteeing perfect working conditions all the time.
The final result is a tube preamp with a very pleasant sonic footprint, lush smooth highs without being harsh plus very detailed mids and lows. The physical footprint is also very well suited for many desk-top situations where it can be conveniently put within arm's reach.
Control functions include 0 to 76 dB of gain in 1 dB steps along with a 20 dB pad. It also includes the usual Phantom Power, Polarity and High Pass Filter switching and 2 impedance settings (1K ohms and 200 ohms). The F676 has a few unusual controls; one for setting Fully Balanced or Single Ended circuitry and another that injects DC into the output transformer. Each is intended for creating desirable vintage characteristics beyond what the basic tube / transformer topology does. The F676 also allows for saving and recalling 99 User Presets.
The LCD graphically displays Peak output level and Gain settings. It also displays tube currents while it self-calibrates so that you can be confident that the unit is working optimally.
The name F676 is an homage on the famous German V76 tube microphone amplifier which was the sonic inspiration for this unit. The F676 will make a positive difference in your studio.
- Modern re-imagining of the legendary Telefunken V76 mic preamp
- High-quality input and output transformers deliver the sonic imprint that you'd expect from a top-shelf piece of vintage gear
- Modern DSP provides performance beyond the basic tube/transformer topology
- Front panel LCD screen displays your peak output level, gain settings, and more
- Store up to 99 presets for easy repeatability
- Experience warm, natural sound via zero-negative-feedback design
- Features 76dB of gain, a 20dB pad, highpass filter, polarity reversal, phantom power, and DI
- Self-calibrates for easy maintenance
- 100% analog signal path
top of page
bottom of page