Solid State Logic’s Legacy in Control
Advanced workflow is at the heart of Solid State Logic’s design philosophy. All the way back to the legendary 4000E console, SSL have led the way in developing tools which revolutionise the way we interact with our productions and harness creativity. Fast forward to today, SSL’s UF1, UF8 and UC1 controllers are doing the same once again. Removing barriers and connecting artists, producers, and engineers closer to their technical and creative workflow. The result? Better quality productions that come together effortlessly, with subtlety and emotion that sets them apart.
UF1 DAW Control Centre
UF1 is the ultimate single fader controller for anyone who wants comprehensive control of their DAW, bringing SSL’s renowned advanced workflow to in-the-box productions. UF1 boasts a premium 100 mm motorized fader, dual high-resolution displays, soft-feel durable rubber keys and a weighted jog wheel, all encased in a robust metal chassis. UF1 offers complete control of a DAW’s pans, sends, plug-in control and more, plus the ability to customise 46 soft keys specifically to your workflow. Clear and insightful visual feedback, intuitive control and deep integration with the SSL Meter Plug-in and SSL 360° software - UF1 offers power and control never seen before from a controller of this size.
100 mm Motorised Fader
Quality feel, engineered response and a volume curve that keeps engineers in the sweet spot. Anyone who has driven an SSL console knows not all faders are equal.
Transport & Jog Wheel
Dedicated transport controls and a weighted jog wheel make moving around large sessions quick and efficient. Secondary transport keys can be customised to essential workflow shortcuts such as loop on/off or press the shift button to access DAW automation.
1.7” and 4.3” LCD TFT Displays
UF1’s dual high-resolution displays provide in-depth visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display, the SSL Meter plug-in and 360-enabled channel strips in the SSL Plug-in Mixer.
Multi-Purpose Large Encoder
UF1’s large, multi-purpose notched encoder allows for channel banking, mouse wheel emulation (Focus mode) and control of computer system volume.
For perfect positioning, each UF1 includes a pair of adjustable stands allowing for six different angles of elevation for user defined placement.
UF1 is powered by SSL 360° software where you can configure keyboard shortcuts and custom macros for total session control via 46 assignable, backlit user keys.
True Peak & RMS Levels + K-System
Dual True Peak and RMS meters, supplemented by max and current text readouts give you essential feedback on levels and overloads. A Lissajous phase scope with adjustable fade rate, together with a phase correlation meter and stereo balance bar helps flag phase and imaging issues within your stereo mix.
31-band Real-Time Analyser (RTA)
The 31-band Real-Time Analyser (RTA) displays the frequency spectrum of your instrument or mix allowing you to pinpoint any problem areas. You can interrogate each band for precise frequency values, as well as being able to adjust the Peak hold time and Averaging time to suit the source material.
Analogue metering for your DAW.
Choose between VU (Volume Unit) and PPM (Peak Programme Meter Type II) modes. VUs and PPMs have been trusted metering tools amongst recording and broadcast engineers for decades and continue to provide highly valuable feedback about mix balances.
SSL 360° software must be installed on your Mac or Windows computer in order to use SSL UF1.
The following DAWs are officially supported by UF1 and have dedicated profiles in SSL 360°. We only officially test with the most recent versions of each DAW software. In most cases, previous versions will also work fine.
- Pro Tools®
- Logic Pro®
- Cubase™ / Nuendo™
- Ableton® Live™
- Studio One®
It’s always recommended for you to be working with the latest major version and maintenance release of your DAW supported by your operating system.
- Fully featured DAW Controller in a compact footprint. Control DAW pans, sends, plug-ins, and virtual instruments with ease
- 100mm high-quality motorized SSL fader
- 2 x high-resolution displays, including a large 4.3” TFT LCD display for visual feedback of DAW track names, parameters, time display, the SSL Meter plug-in, and 360°-enabled channel strips in the SSL Plug-In Mixer
- Dedicated transport controls and weighted jog/scrub wheel for total session control
- 46 customizable user keys ready to assign your favorite DAW commands or keyboard shortcuts
- Secondary transport row of keys can be customized to essential workflow shortcuts such as loop on/off and click track on/off; or press the Shift button for fast access to DAW automation modes
- Fader Mode allows you to use the 4 V-Pots underneath the large screen to control 4 track volumes at the same time
- A large multipurpose notched encoder allows for track banking, mouse wheel emulation for hands-on control, and control over computer system volume
- Use the UF1 on its own, or partner with the UF8 and/or the UC1 to enhance the functionality of both products
- 2 x assignable footswitch inputs
- Up to 3 different DAWs can be connected simultaneously and switched between using the Layer keys
- Powered by the SSL 360° Software application
- 1 x 100 mm high quality, touch-sensitive motorised faders.
- 5 x rotary endless rotary encoders with push.
- Large 4.3” IPS LCD TFT high-resolution colour display.
- Additional 1.77” LCD TFT high-resolution colour display.
- Backlit RGB soft-feel rubber buttons.
- All metal enclosure, finished with a brushed anodised top plate.
- Included stands allow for 6 different elevation angles. Or use without stands.
- Connects to your computer via hi-speed USB – no need to deal with computer networks or ethernet cables.
- Width 205 mm / 8.07”, Height 265.9 mm / 10.46”, Depth 62.5 mm / 2.46”
top of page